Oh man, I’m so tired and hungry, but it’s going to be another 20 minutes before dinner is ready. That’s a good time to sit down and write a blog post, right? Pfft, coherence is overrated.
* I was winning the “chicken sleeping situation” battle, until tonight. Tonight, Dolly managed to work her way up there again. I give up.
* The Knit Picks Chroma yarn is a loosely-spun single, the kind of yarn you need a sharp needle to knit. Frustrated with my dull bamboo straights, I went online and confirmed that yes, you can just sharpen your bamboo knitting needles with sandpaper. Now: super pointy!
* We’re practically to the end of Wovember, and I kept meaning to talk about it, but I never did, and now it’s pretty much too late. Long story short: I almost never knit with yarn that isn’t at least “mostly wool” anymore. Things just don’t turn out as well if I knit them in non-wool yarn. Wool is awesome!
* You should see my stash, I have done an incredible job whittling it down, if I may say so myself.
* My dream for 2012 is to knit with nothing that isn’t either from the stash, or from a small-scale producer like Beaverslide or Green Mountain Spinnery. Not sure how realistic that is, but it’s an exciting thought at any rate!
DINNER IS READY THANK GOD I’M STARVING OKAY GOODBYE.