After I completed this month’s pair of socks, I despaired of getting a decent picture. The ribbing scrunches them up so that they look really weird.
Then I remembered that someone had given me a pair of sock blockers, way back when. I don’t feel the need to block socks – I just hang them over a clothes hanger and call it good. But they turned out to be aces for presentation.
This pair represents my final success in putting together the perfect sock knitting pattern, for my feet, at this gauge. It took a lot of fiddling, but I finally got it exactly right.
The last piece of the puzzle was to start the ribbing on the top of the foot when I started the increases for the heel. Continuing the ribbing halfway into the foot helps to brace the leg of the sock, and helps keep it from falling down.